Sunday, January 27, 2008

ASG and my announcement

First the ASG, which started off lame, got real interesting, and finished very well. Joe Thornton had a pair of assists, and Evgeni Nabokov pitched a scoreless 2nd Period, stopping all 8 shots he faced, and making a couple highlight reel saves on hometown almost hero Ilya Kovalchuk. The real big news of the weekend is that neither Shark got hurt, and both will be ready for the push for the playoffs and beyond, beginning on Tuesday with Edmonton.

Now, if I can provide a shameless plug here, is my announcement. In a couple weeks, the Sharks hit the road for the normal February road trip. I am proud to say that I'm gonna be there for the majority of this trip, that hits all five Atlantic Division cities in one fell swoop. Even prouder to say that this time, my family is able to accompany me.

The trip begins on February 17th, with an afternoon contest at the arena of all arenas, Madison Square Garden. After a matinee the next afternoon on Long Island, a day off to sightsee through Manhattan and the surrounding burroughs. Wednesday brings a train ride to downtown Newark and a visit to the brand spankin new Prudential Center for the Sharks/Devils game. Thursday I'll head to the city of brotherly love (no brothers must be present at Eagles games [just kidding, please don't kill me]) when the Sharks take on the Flyers. The trip then breaks until Sunday, allowing me time to sample some eats from Philly, and then on to Pittsburgh on Saturday for some more eats sampling. The first half of the trip concludes on Sunday with another early game, this time at the Igloo against the Penguins.

A week off for school, because I gotta pretend like I have a life outside of hockey, while the Sharks head to Columbus for a Wednesday matchup with the Blue Jackets, and then I'll pick up the trip for the last two contests, Friday night in Motown against the Red Wings, and Saturday night against the Blues. I'll post my seat locations in a separate post below, feel free to stop by before, during, or even right after the game. Drop me an email if you want to meet up outside of the games for a pre or post game bite.

Again, the Sharks resume play Tuesday night in Edmonton (6:30). Tune in on Versus for the action.

GO SHARKS (Nice work Nabby and Joe)
-Jess

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home